Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Embroidered Poetry

My heart stuttered and stammered that this couldn't be for me. Completely over come by such extravagance. But during this past year of my journey with cancer, hundreds of fingers were threading their prayers into tangible expressions of hope and love. From all around the country - even the world - an organizational feat!
Each square a miracle of grace. Such exquisite art, incredible colors, precious memories and my favorite verses and hymns! The hearts of my dear friends quilted together in one piece. What love! And isn't this the body of Christ? Such beauty, warmth, and hope!


Gently I carried it home, and though the thermometer was dipping to 18 degrees the tenderness in the quilt warmed me to my core. Curling up on the couch I opened it wide all around. I looked up each verse and traced each stitch with my fingertips for hours. . . to late to tell. Simply Marveling.

And when I count my blessings ~ I count each of you many times over!
Thank you!!!

8 comments:

laSonya said...

Praise God for life :)


You look great with short hair too!

Christy Joy said...

Yaaayy!!!!! The secret's out!

And I second what laSonya said, your hair is SO stylish short! I love it!

Christen said...

Hurray!!! That was a hard secret to keep. We love you, Caitlin.

And I third the others regarding your hair. :)

Kelsey said...

Your hair is too cute, Caitlin - you look great! And I'm so happy to see the finished quilt :-) Love you much!

shama said...

<3

Caitlin said...

Dear friends, you are so special in my heart! Hugs to each of you!

Phoebe said...

We love you, Caitlin!

Alice Elizabeth said...

Caitlin, God has blessed each one of us in a special way through you. Your joy and peace through testing is an inspiration, an inspiration for me to persevere and keep moving through my little struggles and day-to-day tasks.
I hope the quilt is a daily reminder of God's love and ours.