Thursday, December 3, 2009

unsuspecting...

I saw him enter the library out of the corner of my eye.

He is a computer science major... I vaguely remember talking to him before. I smiled at his quirky mannerisms, his scruffiness... and thought to myself that we really didn't have a lot in common.

And then with a twinge of guilty pain I wondered if one of Jesus' disciples looked like that. He found friends in unsuspecting places.

He saw their faults.
He saw their potential.
He knew the risks.
And He chose to love them.

Those guys were honest. They were real. They swore to stand by their Friend with reckless loyalty. But society did not; preferring to be clean, unfoolish, safe, and inconspicuous.

Would I chose the same?

2 comments:

Bivan said...

Your blog made me smile. :)

Christen said...

That's deep...