Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
There is a bit of Native American lore and religion mixed in, but if you pay attention there are deep spiritual insights into our own relationship to God, each other, and our world.
Thanks Teddy for letting us borrow the tapes!
Here is the review from the website (Wilderness Awareness School)
"The Advanced Bird Language CDs are a mind-opening and expanding tool, helping us consider the world from the perspective of the bird, and showing us how we can tune into that world. That can be useful if you are a birdwatcher, and want to better understand the birds, or even a birder, and just want to find more birds. By learning to watch how birds respond to other birds, animals, and humans in their environment, it can help you be a better birder…"
How is it that the cougar, the bear, and the coyote can live so close to us, yet never be seen?
Similarly, how is it that the native scout or hunter can move silently through the forest without being detected?
It is no coincidence that they all have one thing in common: they understand the language of the birds. Through the exciting stories and examples contained in Advanced Bird Language: Reading the Concentric Rings of Nature, naturalist and tracker Jon Young explains the hidden worlds of nature that await your discovery and unlocks the secrets to learning the language of the forest.
• Hear of ancient Natives who were able to tell of the far-off movements of animals and people without seeing or hearing them.
• See how cultivating your senses by listening to the birds can reduce the stresses caused by our modern lifestyles.
• Learn about how the human mind is designed to understand the language of the birds and of all nature.
• Learn how the birds and animals communicate through easy-to-interpret songs, calls, and body language.
• Discover how to move invisibly through the forest around the alarm triggers of the birds.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Shaila and Steven for willingness to paddle slow and all their patient encouragement!